background img

You Better Fucking Recognize: Tyler, the Creator

6 years ago written by

So, I was kicking it with one of my homies the other day passing along this mixtape that Tyler, The Creator released over the holidays entitled, Bastard. As a producer himself, naturally, before listening, my friend asks “How would you describe his sound?” My response was this; “Imagine, if you will, that in some parallel dimension, Zev Love X and the bastard female offspring of satan had a child together. Now, lets say that this same daughter of satan happens to be one of the hoes in N.E.R.D‘s “Lapdance” video, and that she leaves the little dude on the set upon finishing her scene. Then, when he gets old enough, he goes to his father only to find out that he’s changed his name to DOOM, he’s one of the most respected MC’s in the world, and wants nothing to do with the little shit. This little shit in our dimension would probably parallel Tyler, The Creator”

It was the best description I could give, and I probably didn’t even tap on the cusp of the twisted imagination of the 18 year old MC/producer. I was first put on to Tyler when he dropped The Odd Future Tape sometime in late 2008, an ill project that included fellow MC’s such as Casey Veggies and Hodgy Beats. With his “fuck you”, punk attitude, genuinely diabolical flow and hyper-violent lyrics, this kid’s music definitely isn’t for the easily offended. Albeit, it oozes a creativity that surpasses a lot of his older contemporary’s. Download one of the most hilariously offensive albums since the Marshall Mathers LP after the jump, and be sure to check back for more from this budding artists.

Download: Tyler, The Creator – Seven

Download: Ace Creator – Odd Toddlers Feat. Casey Veggies

Download: Ace Creator – Bitches Brewin’

Download: Hodgy Beats – Biscuits (Prod. Tyler, The Creator)

Download: Bastard

Tracklist:

1. Bastard
2. Seven
3. Odd Toddlers (ft. Casey Veggies)
4. French! (ft. Hodgy Beats)
5. Blow
6. Pigs Fly (ft. Domo Genesis)
7. Parade
8. Slow It Down (ft. Hodgy Beats)
9. AssMilk (ft. Earl)
10. VCR/Wheels
11. Session (ft. Hodgy Beats & BranDun Deshay)
12. Sarah
13. Jack And The Beanstalk
14. Tina (ft. Jasper & Taco)
15. Inglorious

Keep Listening.

Article Categories:
Hip-Hop · Psychedelic · Punk

Comments to You Better Fucking Recognize: Tyler, the Creator

• Niiiiiice!

Don’t need to eat breakfast or lunch today!

A song with Muffin Eating and Salad Tossing in the same verse…

I’m full!!!

Thanks for the album!

-Ian

Ian Mitchell January 11, 2010 11:37 AM Reply
  • The download on zshare no longer works..
    I really want to download this..
    Did he host the mixtape on another site?

PEPi April 20, 2010 12:17 AM Reply
    • hrrmmm not sure why you can’t download, I just checked the link, seems like everything is working fine.

JAHN DOUGH April 20, 2010 9:47 AM Reply
    • ODDFUTURE.COM

Anonymous June 5, 2010 7:21 PM Reply
    • oddfuture.tumblr.com
      has all their mixtapes

Anonymous January 4, 2011 10:02 AM Reply
    • check out datpiff.com, they host all new mixtapes by most artists:)

hErRiCk April 4, 2011 12:29 PM Reply
    • livemixtapes.com

Anonymous May 11, 2011 7:50 PM Reply
    • Yeah , you can get a bunch of tyler , the creator mixtapes off Datpiff.com

Anonymous August 28, 2011 7:32 AM Reply
  • yeah, i only found out about this kid (and earl) the other day – dude is dope.

dex digi April 20, 2010 7:51 PM Reply
    • Your damn right it is, this kid hit this shit on point

R.L. RUDE August 25, 2010 4:17 AM Reply
  • Pingback: Tyler The Creator - DaShadyBoard.com - Shady Records Fan Forum

• these nigga can flow like helllll!!!!! and no dick riding bt earl sweatshirt is da shittttt!!!!!

vae September 3, 2010 12:16 PM Reply
  • Pingback: The Airliner: Low End Theory (OFWGKTA)

• FIX THE LINK, FIX THE LINK! I WANT THIS SHIT ON MY iPOD TODAY, MUHFUCKA! FUCK STEVE HARVEY!

Nasty Nate November 12, 2010 9:09 PM Reply
  • PLEASE GET ANOTHER LINK. I NEED THIS SHIT NOW

fock you December 7, 2010 7:45 PM Reply
  • Pingback: 2010 års bästa släpp « B R Y T B U R K E N

• OFWGKTA IS THE SHIT> FREE EARL!

Tony Wolf Gang January 13, 2011 10:26 AM Reply
  • Dead link!

NA NA NA January 25, 2011 7:24 AM Reply
  • Bitch fix the link.

Youngxshameless February 7, 2011 1:26 PM Reply
  • Pingback: Double Dip – 22 – Tyler, The Creator - EARMILK.COM

• Excellent indeed. I have been looking for this information.

Sue Kazin February 15, 2011 10:32 PM Reply
  • Pingback: Rape, Murder and SWAG: What you need to know about Jimmy Fallon’s musical … | NJHIA - New Jersey Homicide Investigators Association

• Pingback: Tyler, The Creator – French! [Video] - EARMILK.COM

• Stupid to change the cover art on the album to a lame Earmilk “artwork”

Felipe March 17, 2011 5:31 PM Reply
  • Check out Datpiff.com his mixtape is on there

Viisi0n March 19, 2011 1:52 PM Reply
  • Just saw these dudes at South by Southwest. It was so fucking amazing.

Anonymous March 22, 2011 11:45 AM Reply
  • #swagthefckopooooout.

kookiee April 7, 2011 2:23 PM Reply
  • hes a beast yoo

Anonymous April 10, 2011 10:13 PM Reply
  • tyler the creator is something else. in a fucking good way

red-led April 28, 2011 3:34 PM Reply
  • I swear to god ALL his songs on this Album resembles me/ ish Bastard, my grandma ALWAYS wants to argue, im short dark skinny my ears are also big ass fuck. i swear i teared on Bastard :O

OMFG. September 15, 2011 10:27 PM Reply
  • when are they coming to vermont thats what i want to know fuck. !!!!!!!!!!1 damn fucken right odd future concert fuck shit up i can dance all day try me

Davidposs35 March 29, 2012 11:21 AM Reply