Iceland is known for birthing the international voice goddess, Bjork. Along the lines of these intricate singing abilities, there is another Swedish/Icelandic folk singer and her name is Edda Magnason. This female vocalist blossoms with vibrant pitches over her folky pop roots.
Her sophomore album, Goods, is under a Swedish indie label, Adrian Recordings. “Handsome” is a lifting track including a rhythmic chorus of “I don’t know you but you are handsome, come and dance with me until the morning comes”. Another favorite is “Blondie” and it contains a jazzy psychedelic vibe. Listen to both below and purchase Goods, here.
Music Video of “Blondie”
04. Magpie´s Nest
06. Hur Jag Föreställer Mig Det Är Att Segla (How I Imagine Sailing)
07. Ancient Star My Innocent Heart
08. Falling Asleep To A Kitchen Conversation
09. Sound Of Arrivals
10. One Man Show
Facebook Edda Magnason
Latest posts by Briana Cheng (see all)
- Lollapalooza 2013 [EARMILK Playlist] - July 29, 2013
- 4Knots Music Festival [Preview] - June 24, 2013
- Northside Festival 2013 (Preview) - June 11, 2013
- EARMILK x BIRDDOG Presents: Slava, Teams, Cities Aviv, Solar Year, Brothertiger @ Living Bread 5/10 [Event] - May 6, 2013