The variety of music that Jerome LOL is able to masterfully remix — whether it’s Rihanna or Tomas Barfod, Carly Rae Jepsen or Groundislava — is enough to make anyone wonder whether pop music and the underground are so diametrically opposed after all. When I see his name appended to any track, whether it’s one I love and would hardly trust anyone to touch, or one that I hate and would love nothing more to see reworked and plucked apart to reveal its redeeming qualities, I know that I can trust in the power of Jerome LOL.
With a consistent style marked by a hint of childlike wonder and high-pitched, androgynous vocals, his remix of Tomas Barfod’s “November Skies”, with vocals from Swedish singer Nina Kinert, a track that falls into the former category of “beloved tracks I’d hardly trust anyone to touch,” doesn’t disappoint. You can grab the remix EP for “November Skies” on November 26 on Friends of Friends, also featuring remixes from Nite Jewel, Sepalcure, Sekuoia and Touchy Mob. The song was originally released as part of May’s excellent Salton Sea LP.
- Pre-order November Skies on Bandcamp
- Earmilk Interview: Jerome LOL & Groundislava
- Jerome LOL on Twitter
- Jerome LOL on Facebook
- Friends of Friends on Twitter
Latest posts by Alyce Currier (see all)
- Hush Hush label head Alex Ruder’s Decibel Festival showcase picks - September 19, 2014
- 8 mixes to prepare you for Decibel Festival - September 2, 2014
- Liar walks us through his most club-oriented EP yet, ‘Scorpio’ - August 26, 2014
- Deru’s haunting pre-Decibel mix and festival picks [Exclusive] - August 20, 2014