In less than two weeks the Hardwell Presents – Revealed Canadian Bus Tour, brought to you by Earmilk, begins in Ottawa, Ontario, and YOU could be the opening DJ. We’ve teamed up with Hardwell, Revealed Recordings to give two talented artists the the opportunity to play an opening set for Hardwell, Dannic & Dyro on January 29th (the other winner will get to play in Winnipeg on February 6th). Contestants have until Monday to submit mixes to firstname.lastname@example.org at which time they will be posted here on Earmilk for the voting stage to begin. Top 10 will be posted to our social media networks Friday January 25th and the two winners will be announced and contacted the following day. If you’ve yet to get tickets for the show closest to you, make sure to grab them below before they’re sold out! We’re also giving away a bunch of tickets so make sure to enter now and stay tuned to Earmilk Events on Facebook & Twitter for winners.
The Hardwell presents Revealed Canada edition will be showcasing a perfected blend of the three DJs’ distinct styles. Hardwell has an inherent ability to hold the crowd by a string, taking fans on a rollercoaster ride of dance music perfection. With Dannic’s majestic big room sound and crowd reading capabilities, he’s able to take you places you’ve never been before and keep you engaged in his set from beginning to the end. Rounding off the already stellar bill, Dyro, who was dubbed the Breakthrough DJ of the Year by Laidback Luke, Dada Life, and Hardwell, brings a supercharged electro-influenced sound that he has come to be revered for. As the opening DJ, what will you bring to the mix?
DJ COMPETITION DETAILS
- Record a live mix (30 minutes minimum) that features music you might play if given the chance to open for Hardwell.
- Upload your mix to your own Soundcloud.
- Send the link for the mix to email@example.com before Monday January 21st, 2013 11:59am.
- Winners must provide for their own travel and accommodations (Ottawa & Winnipeg)
- Please specify in the email which show you would be playing at if you win
- On January 21st, all mixes will be posted to on Earmilk.com with a link to the voting page
- 5 of the top 10 will be based on how many votes the post can accumulate before 11:59am on Friday January 25th, 2013.
- Details on how to vote will be provided on January 21st.
- The other 5 of the top 10 will be judged by an Earmilk panel looking for originality, creativity, and overall effectiveness in the mix.
- Priority will be given to the mixes that include quality original productions.
- The top 10 will be posted to Facebook & Twitter on January
- The Earmilk judging panel will then take all 10 mixes and chose the winner, based on a combination of fan voting and Earmilk judging.
- The winner will be announced January 26th, 2013.
- The winners (2) will play an opening set at either Liquor Store in Ottawa, ON on January 29th OR Sound Republic in Winnipeg, MB on February 6th
- The winners will receive a full artist feature post on Earmilk.com after the tour
- The winner will be notified on January 26th through an email from Earmilk
- Winner will have 36 hours to respond to email. Failure to respond will constitute grounds for disqualification, in which case the 2nd place contestant will be notified.
- Hardwell on Facebook
- Hardwell on Twitter
- Revealed Recordings on Facebook
- Revealed Recordings on Twitter
Latest posts by Kevin Gaughan (see all)
- A look back at Richy Ahmed’s return to Canada. One day, two cities. [Event Review] - September 25, 2015
- Up-and-comer Maddmon drops Bring It Back [Free Download] - September 16, 2015
- Desert Hearts tour joins the Summerdaze season closer for the party of the summer [Event Review] - September 4, 2015
- Uner talks Spanish influence and his new live band before Burning Man [Interview] - September 2, 2015