London’s calling with a new release from one of the more notable artists in the genre, Feed Me, returning to the scene with a three track EP out today via mau5trap. It’s been almost 5 months since “Little Cat Steps” dropped, and I couldn’t be happier after taking a listen to these brand new songs. Each one has an incredibly distinct feel to it, though they are brought together by Feed Me’s well-known griminess.
“Dialup Days” verges on 8-bit noise, but remains clear of settling into that genre. There’s no intense builds or huge drops in this track, rather a smooth journey through playful highs and bubbling beats. “Gravel” builds on this ride, incorporating the dub infused house side to Feed Me that we all know and love. Things definitely get dirtier here, and this is where you can see the crowd starting to get dansty. Finally, “Death By Robot” caps off the EP by delivering on the promise of a complextro track backed up by syncopated beats. Interestingly enough, at first the distorted vocals and electro melody reminded me of Chromeo, which shows you the range this release achieves.Stream: Feed Me – Dialup Days (Original Mix) Stream: Feed Me – Gravel (Original Mix) Stream: Feed Me – Death By Robot (Original Mix)
Feed Me begins his USA Teeth Tour on January 29 in Washington, DC, then makes his way across to the west coast. Purchase tickets to select dates below, but be sure to check wantickets.com for the entire list.
- Friday, Feb. 1 @ Opera – Atlanta, G
- Saturday, Feb. 2 @ Webster Hall – New York, NY
- Monday, Feb. 11 @ Fox Theater – Boulder, CO
- Thursday, Feb. 14 @ Regency Ballroom – San Francisco, CA
- Wednesday, Feb. 20 @ Showbox – Seattle, WA
Death By Robots [EP]
Latest posts by Colin Tewksbury (see all)
- Matt Fax climbs up “Alpenglow” in progressive wonder [Premiere] - September 29, 2015
- Lokier gets fancy with Psychemagik’s “Mink & Shoes” - September 28, 2015
- EARMILK Exclusive: listen to Claptone’s ‘Supermoon Eclipse’ playlist - September 27, 2015
- Jay Robinson takes the lead on Sam Sparro’s “Hands Up” [Premiere] - September 25, 2015