The Bees Knees
Your life will be much easier now.
These are the creamiest tracks of the week, one each from the three sections. These are here for those who only wish to sip. Yes, I’m looking at you, with your impenetrable ADHD and fascination with with Country Time Lemonade products. You and your inability to listen to more than just a few tracks because you have 1 new Facebook Notification and a Twitter Message.
This is for you, you beautiful, busy bastard.
The Pasture: Ghost Beach – “Close Enough (feat. Noosa)”
Download: Ghost Beach – Close Enough (Feat. Noosa)
The Tryptophan: Daughter – “Love (Zebra Safari Edit)”
Download:Daughter – Love (Zebra Safari Edit)
The Chicken Dance: Ta-ku – “Brokeas”
Download: Ta-ku – Brokeas
The Indie Gift Basket
- The Pasture covers the basics, from Folk to Rock to Pop, and will now serve as the hub for the tracks perfect for any occasion.
- The Chicken Dance is a hodge podge of tracks that you could be excused for doing the, err… Chicken Dance to. Although these aren’t simply Dance tracks, they’re all good to whip your hair around to.
- Lastly, The Tryptophan is built for those relaxed moments, where you’re winding down with the aid of something herbal — or even for a time where you might just want some background atmospherics to doze off to.
The Pasture is your home for the best of Indie for every occasion. Whether you’re stuck in an elevator and need to sooth your companions, or in an argument with the ex and need to calm them down– these tracks are your answer. Highlights on the fresh dairy from Ghost Beach, MAESA, Pure X, and Astronauts, etc.Download:
Relax. Take a deep breath, press play and shut your eyes– these tracks will take you somewhere. Herbal stimulation recommended. Highlights on the dank dairy from Daughter, Aaliyah, and LONE.Download:
The Chicken Dance
If you’re like me, your dancing skills are at best similar to an epileptic seizure– and that’s on a good night. As a result of our less than impressive abilities, we often simply revert to the stupid moves that anyone can do, comforted with the knowledge that while we may look a bit odd, we won’t look like a total jackass. My personal favorite is the Chicken Dance, something that I found myself doing to each of these tracks. Highlights on the fresh dairy from Ta-Ku, Bondax, and NO CEREMONY.Download:
There’s plenty more where this came from. Click the link above to check out the rest, and stay tuned in for more of the best in Indie as well as everything else, right here on EARMILK.
Upon this day, I declare that Indie music is leaps and bounds more pure than anything else, and the term “Indie” means not that a band isn’t mainstream, but that a band has been able to hold on to its roots, even through fame and fortune. While the wonderful thumps and womps of other genres get me grooving, it will always be the sui generis of Indie that guides me to the homeland. And for that — I both thank it and applaud it — for it has brought me great pleasure in the past and will so in the future.
Latest posts by Ronnie Evans (see all)
- Lotus – “Cannon in the Heavens (ft. Lyrics Born)” - August 20, 2013
- Ben Khan – “Drive (Part 1)” - July 11, 2013
- Earmilk Presents: Music In The Middle [Festival Announcement] - June 26, 2013
- California Wives + My Gold Mask have remixed each other [Premiere] - June 19, 2013