It’s safe to say that every song Ellie Goulding covers becomes an instant hit of her own. Between Elton John’s “Your Song”, Active Child’s “Hanging On”, and The Weeknd’s “High for This”, Goulding’s ethereal voice alone is enough to make you believe her rendition was the original version. It’s been quite a hectic year for the British singer, who’s out promoting her most recent album, Halcyon.
Busy with a world tour, festivals, Nike half marathon, television performances and more, Goulding has been saying she’d love to finally get back in the studio to work on some new ideas. Even though it’s been a wait, it’s definitely been worth it. A few months ago, Goulding linked up with Xaphoon Jones (who also produced her cover of The Weeknd’s “High for This”) to cover Alt-J’s (∆) hip-hop inspired “Tessellate.” Less is definitely more for Xaphoon Jones, whose minimal, atmospheric production is flawless – perfect for Ellie’s beautiful soprano. Not to mention the jazz breakdown, which adds to the overall sexiness of the jam. “Tessellate” is yet another stripped-down testament to Ellie’s vocal ability, and it’s an addicting one at that. Go ahead and listen below.
Definitely hoping for more jams like this from Ellie in the future. Stay tuned for the video.
- Buy Halcyon on iTunes
- Ellie Goulding on Twitter
- Ellie Goulding on Soundcloud
- Ellie Goulding on Facebook
- Ellie Goulding Official Website
Latest posts by Rachelle Jean-Louis (see all)
- Knight One reworks Lights’ “Up We Go” into a smooth, mellow jam - October 30, 2014
- Get ready to melt (or cry) when you hear Aquilo’s “I Gave It All” - October 20, 2014
- Marian Hill is back, and they definitely still “Got It” - October 16, 2014
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ tunes: Star Dascha Polanco shares playlist - October 15, 2014